Hovering

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by John King, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Seems like in the past I could hover the mouse pointer over a forum topic and the opening lines of the thread would be displayed. No longer the case.

Is it my computer setup or the forum software? - John

PS - Hovering works at Sawmill Creek Turner's Forum. - J

2. odie

odie

Yep.....works for me, John. Not sure why it doesn't work for you........:(

-----odie-----

3. Owen Lowe

Owen Lowe

Newberg, OR: 20mi SW of Portland: AAW #21058
    Works for me (Mac OS X and Mozilla-based browser). I believe the previews are generated through a Javascript command — haven’t looked at the page codes to confirm. If so, make sure Javascript is enabled in your browser preferences. It also could be being blocked as a pop-up — but again, I haven’t tested that.

4. Owen Lowe

Owen Lowe

Newberg, OR: 20mi SW of Portland: AAW #21058
    Yep, it’s a Javascript command. So make sure it’s enabled in your preferences. My browser (Omniweb) allows me to set overall preferences for everywhere I visit but I can also set different preferences for individual sites. If yours allows the same type of flexibility, make sure it’s enabled for the forum even if it’s enabled globally.

(If you change settings, you may have to quit and restart the browser for the changes to take effect.)

Bill Boehme likes this.
  5. Bill Boehme

Bill Boehme Administrator Staff Member

Home Page:
    What Owen said.

If you have different browsers on your computer or if you have different computers you can verify that it is just one browser in which JavaScript has been disabled. Sometimes when a browser is automatically updated there is a possibility that JavaScript might be disabled. If restarting your computer doesn't fix the problem, you can Google "how to enable javascript on _________" where you fill in the blank with the name of the browser that you are using.