• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

tools

1. Marty Purselley

Easywood tools full size set of 3

CLOSE THREAD
  2. Marty Purselley

Sorby set of 5 micro woodturning tools in box

Sorby set of 5 micro woodturning tools. $100 shipped.
  3. Marty Purselley

Parting and chatter tools

Donald Derry parting tool, Sorby parting tool, and chatter tool. All used but in good condition. $50 shipped.
  4. Marty Purselley

Thompson Lathe Tools, lot of 10 tools

SOLD! Please close.
  5. Marty Purselley

Alan Lacer Skews

CLOSE THREAD
  6. M

So I bought a new lathe tool

I picked up one of the Little Beaver's designed by Larry Martin (The Wood Whirler) from their current maker on Ebay. I love this thing. It's like having a super roughing gouge that works with bowl blanks. It has a square, radiused carbide cutter and a serious chip deflector. The tang is 1/2 inch.
  7. John Torchick

HSS source?

Just ordered the AAW book on making tools. Who is a good source of HSS or other materials for making turning tools? TIA.
  8. Ed Romson

Large grip tools

I'm just back for the Doctor and she informed me that I have developing arthritis in my thumbs. I have several sets of Easy Wood tools, both the minis and the large handle sets. Has anyone come across large grip tools that have 2" (plus) diameter handles? They might be unwieldy to control, but...
  9. A

Lie Nielsen Saws

Two Lie Nielsen Tenon Saws Brand new in the box-never used The 12” Saw is a cross cut saw with a curly maple handle The 14” Saw is a Rip Saw with a Rosewood handle (the price tag is still on the box at $190) Asking $350 plus S&H for the pair I’ve carried them through three moves. Now it’s time...
  10. Thomas Zepeda

For Sale: Serious Lathe SL2542, Front Royal, VA

I purchased this Serious Lathe new in June 2016 as I was planning to start turning professionally. This has not been feasible, so I no longer need this second lathe. This lathe (view specs here - http://serioustoolworks.com/wood-lathes.php) has a 25" swing, weighs about 1580 lbs, and includes...
  11. J

Sizing Ferrules for homemade handles

I would like to turn handles for my tools instead of buying tools with handles. I have just received the Sorby 3/8 spindle gouge and am searching the Internet to find a rule-of-thumb as to what size ferrule I should use. Is there a standard as to tool diameter to ferrule diameter?
  12. John Torchick

DIY turning tools

I would like to try my hand at making some simple tools in addition to the basic ones I have. What type of metal is recommended? Where can I get it? Thanks.
  13. Michael Butterfield

Carrying tools

I am hoping to start with the mentoring program offered by my local club and will be visiting different shops, and using different lathes. I'd like to bring my tools along and am curious what you use to carry your tools when traveling locally? Fancy tool roll, plastic bucket, PVC pipe, bag, or...
  14. CindyDrozda

Diamond Grinding Wheel Lubrication

A couple of years ago, I bought one of those Wood River diamond grinding wheels from Woodcraft. My reason for buying a diamond wheel was to be able to sharpen those powder-metal tools properly. That diamond wheel did polish the edge of those hard tools, but it loaded up, heated the tools up, and...
Back