• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

sorby

1. D

Sorby Chattertool V notch??

I just received my Robert Sorby Chattertool, and one of the included "bits" has a v-notch on one end instead of being square. All the on-line sources, including Sorby's own online catalog, shows the square end opposite the pointed end. I haven't seen the v-notch used on any YouTube videos...
  2. Marty Purselley

Assorted Sorby tools and a teknatool foot tool

5 various Sorby tools and one teknatool foot tool as shown in the images. Used, but great shape. $170.00 shipped CONUS. purselley@gmail.com
  3. Marty Purselley

Sorby set of 5 micro woodturning tools in box

Sorby set of 5 micro woodturning tools. $100 shipped.
  4. Gerald Lawrence

Sorby Lathe

Our club has a Sorby lathe for sale. Asking 800. Sorby lathes were only produced until 2003 but are well made. It is a tube lathe with the tubes made of solid stainless . Motor has been upgraded to a 220v 2hp. Also it is upgraded with a VFD. Mobile wheel set created by club members . Also comes...
  5. Eileen Stephens

Sorby 447 vs Vari-grind

All, I am looking for a grinding jig and am wondering what the pros and cons of the Sorby 447 are vs the Oneway Vari-grind (original version). The Sorby seems to have a lateral movement built in via the bar, but it doesn't seem to have the "length" adjustment that the Varigrind does (not the...
Back