• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

dovetail

1. John Torchick

Dovetail or tenon for bowls?

I'm sure this had been discussed but just got through finishing a small bowl that had a tenon during the process. What determines a tenon or dovetail for turning a bowl? Thanks.
  2. brian horais

Turning a Dovetailed Vase

Decorative Dovetails are usually found on boxes and flat surfaces. This tutorial provides a method to integrate decorative dovetails with turned objects such as a vase by using compound angle staves. You can make use of your entire shop on this project, including router, table saw and lathe!
  3. W

Eliminating chuck marks Q

I have been at turning for many years, just getting used to some newer bowl mounting methods. How do you all eliminate those annoying chuck marks on either ti interior expanding dovetail or the calmping onto a dovetail tenon. See the dimples on this mini bowl I turned today? I use the...
Back