• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Wheel Of Delicacy #4 Mahogany Garden
michael alguire

Wheel Of Delicacy #4 Mahogany Garden

Wheel of Delicacy #4 Mahogany Garden

This is my fourth one in my series and i think they are evolving nicely.
I got the Honduran mahogany from my mentor jim mclain.
Many hours went into this piece with the turning ,piercing ,the burning , and the coloring.
I had also made a extension for a tiny burr that i could use to reach inside the piece to allow me to clean up some of the glue that drip on the joint , it worked like a charm but a bit stressful reaching through the webbing of the piercing , thankfully it all went ok and me and the piece survived.
Honduran Mahogany
tung oil , piercing wood burning , acryllic paints and faber castel ink for the embellishments.
10" in diameter with a 5.750" inside diameter
and 3.750" wide.
Beautiful, beautiful. I'm trying to do some piercing and just amazed at your work. Not asking for details, just so impressive how you created such a artistic piece.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
michael alguire
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

Image metadata

Device