• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Ebonised Cedar Vase 10
Pete Moncrieff-Jury

Ebonised Cedar Vase 10

Been playing with the design of the vase I did the other day,
This was a pig to photograph. This is a 16" tall cedar vase that has been made in a similar way to the previous one. I have heavily textured the cedar with a wire brush on the lathe and it is a lot deeper than I can show in the photos. It was then ebonised. It was hollowed out to about 5mm and is surprisingly light to pick up. On taking the photos I noticed that there has been a little bit of movement since gluing up though the cedar registered as quite low in moisture content before I turned it. Probably the hot weather we have had. C&C welcome as always.

Pete
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
Bodrighy Wood
Added by
Pete Moncrieff-Jury
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings